Here at Bloomberg, our guests' experience is a top priority. We're known for providing exceptional customer service, and a guest experience that's consistent with our brand. Bloomberg's Hospitality group is looking for an individual to join our Guest Experience team. Our team warmly greets guests and visitors into Bloomberg's world headquarters. We are a critical component of our robust customer engagement philosophy and are particularly important given the design of our building which incorporates two initial points of contact: the lobby level Front Desk and the 6th floor main area (otherwise known as "the Link"). It will be your responsibility to ensure the entire guest experience is consistently handled with outstanding service.
As a Guest Experience specialist here at Bloomberg we will expect for you to ensure that every guest feels welcome upon entering our building. Once a guest is checked in, they are directed to our main pantry area to meet their host or go to their meeting/event. You will need to be there and ready to answer questions, and welcome interviewees, politicians, radio guests and more. Every single day will be different - so it's important you're attentive and come in with an open mind set, ready to tackle any challenge thrown your way. One moment you're tidying the pantry area, the next you could be shaking hands with a CEO.
We'll trust you to:
- Welcome arriving guests and orient them to the building
- Be aware of all events, catering, other group activities, and VIP arrivals in the building each day and be prepared to coordinate with other departments for the welcome of those guests
- Understand security procedures and policies, and ensure compliance by guests and employees
- Be fluid in adjusting your schedule based upon guest volume and events occurring each day
- Conduct building tours on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist with large events or activities that take place in the building
- Work with partners in various departments to coordinate group visits/tours
- Maintain connection between other hospitality groups (security, events, etc)
- Analyze data, reporting back on guest trends, tour information, etc.
- Collaborate with regional counterparts and work to further solidify and implement global quality standards
You need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate hospitality or an environment with high customer service standards
- Strong presence, confidence, poise and patience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an "all hands on deck" mentality each day
- Strong understanding of standard methodologies as it relates to workplace operations/hospitality
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in data and analytics, and prior experience would be ideal
You're one of those people who:
- Are passionate about customer service and hospitality
- Able to anticipate the needs of guests/colleagues
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and has a sense of urgency
- Loves coming up with innovative and viable suggestions for enhancing the guest experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply... If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in contact with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From