You'll be responsible for the global recruitment strategy for one of the biggest and most dynamic financial and business news and media organizations in the world. Out of the gate, you'll foster relationships with the global leaders of the news and media organization, develop a strong business acumen and learn the extraordinary Bloomberg culture. You will also establish credible relationships with hiring leaders, and ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish a superb extraordinary candidate experience. You will execute against a recruitment strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg's the news and media business strategy. You'll lead a global team of Recruiters, Sourcers, and Talent Acquisition Coordinators whom you will inspire with confidence in your vision and plan.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and drive proactive entry and experienced level recruitment strategies for future business needs, internal mobility and succession planning for the team across the global news and media organizations
- Lead the full life cycle recruitment process for experienced level hires; partner with various senior and hiring managers across Bloomberg the business functions to actively recruit top talent
- Lead an engaged and dynamic global team that is performing to its potential, ensuring its delivery to the business
- Facilitate dialogue with senior level management and lead the overall candidate experience, track retention of new hires and leverage data to identify trends
- Partner with business managers and the internal HR community to deliver against challenging hiring plans while building out our team, systems and processes
- Drive the recruitment strategy around diversity and inclusion, including building an internal and external network to support the hiring goals
- Stay on top of recruitment market trends affecting the news and media industries, as well as employment, immigration and business trends
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance recruitment strategy
- Write compelling and persuasive job descriptions
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
- Engage in workforce planning, business planning and forecasting as well as establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
- Travel internationally (up to 3 times each year)
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of recruiting experience, including the successful recruitment of experienced and senior-level professionals; experience in the News and/or Media industries a plus
- Prior track record of successfully building, inspiring and managing a recruiting team
- Demonstrated people leadership experience building, developing and leading remote and cross cultural teams with comfort in influencing and directing others
- Ability to lead both independently and through a team and have the ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Superb communication (verbal and written), customer service, and collaboration skills
- Ability to remain calm under urgency, to multi-task, to roll your sleeves up, to be client focused, and to adapt in a fast changing environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally to international locations
We'd love to see:
- Critical thinking with the ability to execute on assignments; comfort in making decisions independently with limited information
- The ability to foster collaboration, maintain open communication and build strong business partnerships
- Experience leading with data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Not only do know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple innovative tricks up your sleeve!
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime watch this proud reminder of our purpose:https://vimeo.com/263526877
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
More Jobs From