Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As the Fraud Associate, you will report to our Fraud Manager and be responsible for identifying fraud on the platform. This hire will work closely with stakeholders across the company (Product, Engineering, Customer Experience, Compliance, etc.) to ensure effective fraud detection. You will be the first line of defense in identifying emerging fraud trends and patterns. In order to be successful, this hire will be a detail-oriented person who can use their critical thinking skills to catch the bad guys.
What youll do:
- Daily review of transactions and accounts flagged for suspicious activity
- Independently execute and take appropriate action on flagged activity
- Identify, document and communicate on emerging fraud trends to the relevant teams
- Work closely on cases escalated internally to Fraud by Customer Service, Brokerage Operations and Compliance
- Liaise with Customer Service and On-boarding teams to act as the subject matter expert for fraud operations
- Manage and respond to escalations from external parties with urgency
- Respond to ACH disputes and inquiries
- Collaborate and closely work with our banking partner on debit related issues
- Evaluate and respond to ad hoc fraud issues as they arise
What were looking for:
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience in banking, consumer finance, or similar industries
- Payments, banking, or credit card fraud detection experience
- Experience with third-party tools used for identity verification, device authentication and fraud detection
- Ability to wear many hats and take on challenges as the present themselves
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently on the task at hand
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Experience with adjusting fraud rules and measuring effectiveness
- Experience with querying in SQL, Looker, or other database tool
- Knowledge of ACH returns,
- Previous experience at a start-up or in a highly regulated industry
- Familiarity with Jira, Trello, Zendesk
- KYC/CIPs knowledge and experience
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From