goTenna is foundationally disrupting the +$50B global mobile Mesh Networking (MANET) industry with communications solutions 40x more cost-effective, 12x lighter, 10x smaller and 6x longer-lasting than anything else on the market. goTenna Pro tactical mesh radios are deployed by the U.S. Military, FEMA and CALFire to enable real-time situational awareness and mission-critical comms during in comms-denied environments when cell, wifi, and satellite are unavailable. The next generations of goTenna’s products will expand into IoT, IIoT, ASIC, and mass consumer and emerging markets applications.
About the role
goTenna is seeking a passionate FPGA engineer to research, design and develop custom SDR for the baseband processing of wireless systems. Responsibilities include architecting and coding FPGA designs in a hardware description language, producing design documents, performing timing analysis and floor planning, and validating and analyzing designs for errors and efficiency. The ideal FPGA Engineer should be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record. You will work independently or as part of a team, demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and be collaborative in your approach to solving problems. The FPGA Electrical Engineer position requires excellent communication skills as FPGA engineers interact with both immediate team members and management.
- Leading the FPGA & SDR development effort for an entire product life cycle, from Concept to Validation.
- Architecting and coding FPGA designs in a hardware description language
- Producing design documents
- Performing timing analysis and floor planning, and validating and analyzing designs for errors and efficiency
- Working with Project Management, Product Management, and leaders of goTenna’s multi-disciplinary engineering team (Network Design/Architecture, Embedded Software/Firmware, Software, Quality Assurance).
Required Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years as a FPGA & SDR Engineer
- Experience with open source SDR platforms such as GNURadio
- Experience in FPGA logic design, synthesis & simulation
- Experience in HDL coding (VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog)
- Experience designing with Altera and/or Xilinx FPGAs, including simulation, synthesis and development tools.
- Experience with design control and change management techniques.
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
It'd be awesome if you had
- Experience working at a startup.
- Experience with MANETs or similar innovative networking topologies.
- Experience creating hardware for B2B or B2G markets.
- Experience with Scripting & programming (C/C++, Python, VB, other)
- Experience Basic Analog/Digital design skills.
- Experience with wireless product design processes from concept to certification to mass production.
- An affinity for people who like telling jokes, sharing funny links, do cool stuff outside work, and try to be creative about team-building (e.g. survival skills training, murder mystery dinner theater, shuffleboard tournament, Mafia/Werewolf)
- Love for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground-up!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From