Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are searching for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative Associate Finance Writer/Producer to help us make StashLearn a success. This hire will be an essential part of our content team and will be responsible for writing, editing, producing, and pitching pieces.
This position offers tons of opportunity for growth in areas including editorial, production, marketing, and investor education. Were creative, were excited, we love what were working on. We just need you to round out the team!
What you'll do:
- Produce 2-3 articles a week,alternating between short and long form stories
- Consultthe team on large projects that include data and investor education
- Help the team increase readership by coming up with ideas to make StashLearn the best resource in finance
- Write and schedule social media for all articleswritten across all channels while assisting with the management of editorial flow
- Run CMS on a day to day basis making sure that all articles, features, videos, and assets are shining
- Work with data team to create learning paths within articles in order to ensure our readers get the most of our their experience
- Help maintain the editorial calendar - making sure we're hitting our deadlines and managing up on big projects
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of journalism and CMS production experience at a consumer-facing online publication
- Proven success writing about general finance, personal finance, investing, and/or retirement
- Experience with Wordpress
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Passion for news, an avid reader of financial news and beyond
- A clean, easy-to-understand writing style, fit for a beginner audience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, often-ambiguous startup environment
- Dependable, flexible and deadline-oriented
- A team player who loves learning new skills and taking on unfamiliar challenges
*Please provide links or attachments to examples of your published writing*
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
*Equity In Stash *Flexible Vacation
*FourFamily-Friendly Medical Plans *TwoDental & One Vision Insurance Plan
*401k * Learning & Development Stipend
*Commuter Benefits *Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
*Employee Referral Bonuses *Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
*Thursday Happy Hours *Catered Lunch on Fridays
*Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.