Who We Are:
In global markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve the best execution across multiple asset classes. Our team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg's clients.
We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position.
Bloomberg is so much more than the products and services we deliver to our customers. We use data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. You work fast and hard, understand urgency in financial trading markets. You are naturally curious, a strong problem solver and don't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a team player, challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What's The Role?
As a member of the Execution and Liquidity specialization within Enterprise Technology Services group, you will play an integral part in successful electronic trading products implementations, on-boarding and support for our clients with a focus on Foreign Exchange
We'll Trust You To:
- Be an FX Integration Specialist and own the implementations projects from inception to completion and provide production support for existing clients. This includes, but not limited to building and certifying new connections and trading workflows, configuring applications for these services, and completing post-production testing and managing go-live
- Certify Foreign Exchange Sellside and Buyside financial institutions on proprietary systems as well as established FX industry Liquidity/Pricing Engines and OMS/EMS using FIX specifications
- Provide client feedback to the Product team collated through the certification process
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products suite and examine their root cause
- Partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product improvements
- Work closely with our clients and our internal Product, Trade-desk, and Engineering groups to facilitate expectations, influence and expedite implementation and resolution of issues
- Handle client communication using language appropriate for non-technical users
You'll Need To Have:
- Experience in similar electronic trading implementations and/or support roles specifically around Foreign Exchange
- Good working product knowledge of FX trading workflows. Exposure to other asset classes such as Fixed Income, Equities, Futures, Options as well as Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements is highly desirable
- Demonstrable project management skills for executing customer driven short term projects and implementation requests
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with urgency, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment
- Solid knowledge of FIX protocol (4.4 is required)
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
We'd Love To See:
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree
- Experience with one or more of the following: XML, JSON, SWIFT, MQ
- Exposure to SQL and scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, and/or Python
- Unix & Linux skills
- Experience with SQL (structured and un-structured data sets)
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From