Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
How do you scale to billions of users? From the networks that connect our offices and data centers to our wired and wireless networks in offices around the world to custom Wi-Fi in employees houses used in place of VPN, there is a lot behind internal engineering. In honoring our hacker roots and challenging regular convention we help build the technical foundation of Facebook.Facebook is looking to expand its existing team focused on internal network engineering. A Network Operations Managers responsibilities include managing all aspects of network operations center, management of connectivity, network performance, maintaining network software configurations, managing the distribution of patches and software releases as needed, network and system troubleshooting, monitoring tools, alarm conditions as well as escalation processes and procedures, leading and defining the process of troubleshooting and participating in change management and root cause analysis and interfacing with field operations, engineering team, equipment vendors, and network service providers. A Network Operations Manager is responsible for recruiting the technical staff and has to ensure that the team works in compliance with the companys policy and procedures, Manage day-to-day activities of network operations team responsible for all aspect of maintaining a distributed network, including preventative maintenance, fault isolation, equipment installation and project, manage connectivity, network performance and timely outage resolution.
- Support and lead engineers working on Facebook's products and services, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of systems
- Understand and contribute to technical architectures, capacity plans, tooling needs, automation plans, product launch plans and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges
- Develop lasting partnerships with product management, program management, network engineering, software engineering and other related groups to build and improve our ever-growing large-scale distributed infrastructure and product environment
- Empower engineers to develop their careers, matching their strengths with projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Help build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
- Assess employee performance on an ongoing basis, address under-performance, and recognize and promote performance
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- Balance the need to keep things running with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects