Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebooks Data Security Engineering team is responsible for helping ensure we build and support proper products and measures to protect internal Facebook data. This responsibility includes supporting teams that operate on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure and applications used for communications within the company. Managing a Data Security team requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of technologies, a focus on growing and developing the skills and talents of your team, and a relentless drive to focus on high-value projects and to prioritize ruthlessly.
- Build, support and grow a high performing team that builds systems and frameworks to categorize, audit, and protect internal Facebook data and communications
- Help define Facebooks internal data security posture, with a focus on helping the company ensure that sensitive data is protected against unwanted access and distribution
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- Balance the need to keep things running with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance
- Understand technical architectures, capacity plans, tooling needs, automation plans, product launch plans, and other issues and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges