Cedar is seeking a hands-on Engineering Manager who will lead a new team within Cedars Initiatives Pillar. The Initiatives Pillar can be thought of as a startup within a startup. Cedar crafts new initiative teams when we have meaningful business goals that span across our existing products or code base, and require the focus of a dedicated team to get to market quickly.
This new team has the potential to radically change the patient financial experience. We plan to build a prototype, deploy it to several of our clients, and iterate quickly to prove its value. Were seeking someone who is passionate about innovation in healthcare, has solid technical skills, and is comfortable working with ambiguity and frequent change in product scope. Youll be working closely with our Co-founder, Product and Design leads, and exceptionally talented engineers.
This Engineering Manager will hire and build out the team, set clear goals and guide the team through execution, all while acting as a senior individual contributor to our codebase.
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
- Manage and build a team of 2-6 individual contributors
- Help team members grow in their career and scale their contributions to Cedar
- Lead by example: be a meaningful, hands on contributor
- Engage with Cedar clients as a technical leader. Understand needs, guide technical discussions, and train other engineers to work with clients
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new products, and with Cedars commercial team to provide the best solutions for clients
- Help engineering and the broader Cedar organization grow. Streamline process, build tools, and identify growth opportunities to help Cedarians on other teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ total years of professional software development experience, with at least 2 years of technical leadership experience (as engineering manager or tech lead)
- Experience building complex web applications
- Strong project management skills
- Experience collaborating with product and design teams
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Python expertise
- Based in the New York City area (open to remote)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Engineering Manager who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.