Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As an Engineering Manager you will empower our teams to continuously improve their processes and culture, and cultivate the happiness and development of our engineers. Our teams are multi-functional and include back end and front end engineers as well as designers, data scientists, and marketers.
Were hiring managers for two of our teams:
- Home+ builds the home feed of the app, a personalized experience that balances a snapshot of the users current financial picture with suggested offerings based on their needs.
- Brokerage Platform builds investing services and features focused on investing for the long term, giving Stashers reliable access to their money, the market, and a tailored investing experience.
What youll do:
- Understand, measure, and improve the value delivery process
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value
- Enable an open and inclusive team culture
- Actively remove roadblocks for your team
- Motivate and focus your team to deliver the most important work
- Actively push your team to improve their technology and development practices
- Facilitate collaboration with other teams and other parts of the business
- Keep your teams aligned with the overall direction of the company
- Work with team members on career development by understanding their goals and helping them find stretch opportunities
- Give timely, constructive feedback to team members, peers, and managers
- Set clear expectations for team members; solicit, synthesize and deliver feedback
- Work with leadership to ensure that the team is appropriately staffed and has the correct scope
What were looking for:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.