Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simons unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.
Does your perfect job involve managing a team of hardworking engineers responsible for the product's core code? As well as one in which success in your role will be essential to the company? Simon is looking for a thoughtful engineering manager to partner with all parts of the business and do just that.
As a successful leader in this role, you'll use your intimacy with the business' goals to help structure sprint team memberships quarter over quarter as well as manage programs. Drawing upon years of experience as an engineer, you will collaborate individually with your team members to develop their engineering skills. You will act as a coach, guide, and recruiter as you build a team of influential engineers who are role models to their peers in both exemplifying our values & proficiencies as well as consistently delivering high impact business value.
You'll be joining a team with core values of Simplicity, Generosity, Execution, and Openness. We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) and constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business. Our engineering team currently comprises roughly 30 engineers of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
What You'll Do
- Lead a multi-functional team of mid-level to staff engineers to help them grow the next generation of the companys platform
- Contribute to building and delivering resource allocations targeted to continue driving the engineering organization forward
- Drive growth of the team by playing a pivotal role in finding, attracting and hiring talented individuals to Simon
- Collaborate with the leadership team to produce plans for team personal development, growth, and sustained value
- Develop critical software components, scale our architecture, or lead design decisions
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of engineering experience as a software or data engineer & comfort with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams & projects
- Reasonable exposure to & understanding of some form of Agile or modern program management
- Strong communication skills
- A fervent appreciation for organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for working with data
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Personable, collaborative, and a sense of humor
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
More Jobs From