Office Tour Photos
Namelys mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. Were an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Namely is seeking a talented engineering manager to join our growing team in New York City. As an Engineering Manager, you will work closely with our engineers and product team to build best-in-class HR solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for helping guide a teams technical direction, roadmap, and hiring while driving efficient engineering processes and coaching team members.
Our hiring process is language agnostic, we use a diverse set of tools and languages such as Ruby, C#, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Spinnaker, Kafka and more. We work with React and SPAs in the front-end, and are moving towards an API driven architecture, powered by gRPC-based services.
Weve built a strong engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from a monolith to a microservice architecture, including a complete overhaul and rewrite of our Payroll Processing and Benefits Configuration
- Defining domain boundaries and implementing robust APIs for internal and public consumption of our Human Capital Management (HCM) services
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, guiding a team through best practices in technology, architecture, and process.
- Guide the technical direction and priorities of a team while ensuring delivery of high quality, scalable and heavily tested software.
- Mentor and coach team members through performance reviews and regular 1:1 meetings.
- Foster cross-functional relationships across engineering, QA, product, design, and business functions.
- 1+ years hands-on technical management experience
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications and services as a software engineer
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion for building and growing teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of todays workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because theyre mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and were just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.
More Jobs From