Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Employment Counsel to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic employment law attorney to join our Legal team. You will be the first employment specialist on the Legal team and will work with the HR team to help Datto shape a new employment relations function as we scale our global workforce. You will work with some of the most sensitive and complex investigations and employee issues and will problem solve, think independently, and help ensure risks are appropriately considered and mitigated.
You will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner with HR, Legal and business leaders to design, develop, implement and lead an employee relations center of excellence that is designed to maintain a healthy and effective work environment
- Serve as the first point of contact from the Legal team to advise on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodation, wage and hour issues, compensation and benefits, and immigration
- Develop and implement standardized processes for conducting investigations and tracking and documenting employee relations claims and cases
- Mitigate legal risk and ensure adherence to regulatory compliance and Datto policies by recommending appropriate action in response to performance and employee relations' issues (e.g., sexual harassment, ADA, FMLA, disciplinary action)
- Form strong partnerships with external employment counsel and our internal legal team
- Negotiate and manage employment-related contracts
- Partner with Legal and HR to develop, update and make global all employee relations policies, practices, and procedures
- Travel as needed
- 5+ years of relevant employment law experience (a combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred)
- JD from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of at least one state bar
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential issues maturely while demonstrating high levels of discretion, empathy, and composure
- Working knowledge of all aspects of employment law, including wage and hour and FLSA exemption issues, matters relating to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, workplace investigations and documentation, disability, FMLA and restrictive covenants
- Experience with employment law in any of our non-US jurisdictions (e.g., the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, China, Singapore, Australia) is a plus
- A goal-oriented, common-sense approach to problem-solving and prioritization; comfortable operating with ambiguity
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Great organizational skills
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From