The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen. We have an exciting opportunity available to join our Employee Relations team. In this role you will support HR professionals, internal key partners, and partner with our internal legal team to provide guidance and support on complex employee relation issues.
What's It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn't all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
As an ER Specialist, you will play a critical role within our HR team. In this role you will provide advice and support to HR, management, and leaders as it pertains to poor performers, complaints, concerns and conflict resolution. You will provide interpretation of policies and employment law, and will also serve as an employee advocate. Additionally, you will work with a variety of internal clients to collect, analyze and discuss facts of inquiries with relevant stakeholders and legal counsel to evaluate situations and determine necessary steps. Finally, you will be a subject matter expert on all employee relations within the organization and be the primary owner of all process execution or administration. You will have strong analytical skills, sharp intuition, and comfort navigating ambiguity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner
- Conducting effective and thorough investigations of employee complaints
- Perform analyses on Employee Relations trends and statistics in our case management tool HR Acuity
- Managing performance issues, medical accommodation, and behavioral risk issues
- Conducting educational training for HR and Managers effecting role elimination and reductions in force
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university (e.g., preferably business, HR, or another related field)
- A minimum of +5 years of Employee Relations experience
- Maturity, discretion, and good judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and a track record of applying problem-solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues
- Proficiency in conducting administrative investigations in order to collect and analyze facts for cases to identify obscure or underlying causes of misconduct or poor performance to develop options for appropriate solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply - If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From