Office Tour Photos
Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
You will manage programs and events that foster employee engagement and cultivate Intersections culture among a diverse and rapidly growing organization. Your objectives will directly impact efforts related to employee satisfaction, enhancements to our culture initiatives, and improving our internal employee communication plans. This role will also play a role in continuing the development of our D&I initiatives by owning our annual D&I survey, company-sponsored employee resource groups, and working with other teams to bring relevant programming to our NY headquarters and regional offices.
Within the first three to six months, you will:
- Develop and lead employee recognition efforts related to tenure-based moments, IxNspiration & MVP Awards, and maintain real-time recognition activities
- Own and amplify efforts related to employee on-boarding activities
- Provide ongoing management of deliverables for Intersections connection events: Culture Committee, employee volunteerism, executive lunch roulettes, Lunch & Learns, and interactive employee events in all of our offices
- Deliver meaningful content to our employees through our employee newsletter, InterMission, sharing news from internal teams around our people and living up to our core values
- Own and execute quarterly Town Halls by working closely with the CEO and Executive Team on content
- Partner with Head of Payroll & Benefits to support wellness events across all offices
- Partner with Recruiting Operations to manage our external presence on Glassdoor and implement campaigns during key moments of the employee journey
- Create and facilitate learning content across the company
Within the first year, you will:
- Own our employee engagement activities, including the annual employee engagement survey
- Own and perform analysis on our annual diversity and inclusion survey
- Manage the initiatives found in the employee engagement survey to drive positive trends on key outcomes of the survey. Maintain a pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously identifying opportunities to create an outstanding workplace.
- Drive and focus on the connectedness of the organization as a whole
- Analyze information and identify workplace improvement needs
- Support and collaboratively help to build engagement teams within the cross functional areas of the company
- Research and work with vendors and other departments to build employee engagement initiatives
You are awesome for this role because:
- 3+ years HR and/or Diversity & Inclusion experience, employee engagement, team collaboration
- Dynamic personality - you are someone others want to connect with on a daily basis
- Proven track record of being energetic, forward thinking and creative, while also being able to challenge assumptions while providing best in class HR
- Flexible to changing priorities; must be able to shift priorities quickly
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to facilitate, train and present to large groups
- The ability to handle tasks independently, as well as with a team, and to effectively communicate with a range of individuals, from senior managers and affiliated partners to team members
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong employee relations and organizational development experience
- Proven ability to introduce new ideas and programs in a culturally diverse workforce
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and open to new ideas
More Jobs From