Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling's world-class Customer Experience organization drives the adoption of our solutions across our rapidly growing customer base. Our Customer Experience team members are equipped with a diverse range of educational and work experiences that empower them to lead clients through digital transformations in their R&D departments and labs. As Benchling matures as a company, we're looking to hire an Employee Development Manager who will focus on professional learning and development programs for the Customer Experience team. You'll deliver an exceptional onboarding and continued learning experiences to support the professional development of the Customer Experience organization. In addition, you'll work closely with key internal stakeholders to cultivate a supportive environment of learning, develop opportunities for growth, and create metrics to track skillset retention.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead the CX onboarding experience to ensure successful introduction of new employees into Benchling
- Develop and organize scalable processes for new employee onboarding curriculum
- Spearhead the development and launch of continuous learning strategies to further science knowledge and pertinent functional skillsets
- Create role-based learning paths for members of the Professional Services, Customer Success, and Support teams throughout their tenure at Benchling
- Launch coaching programs that service individual and team-specific enablement needs for CX teams
- Establish methodology and associated tools to measure the success of CX onboarding and ongoing enablement efforts
- Develop and manage skillset assessment metrics and reporting for Benchling team members. You will leverage these data to draw insights into functional gaps of knowledge and inform future learning paths for the Customer Experience organization
- Deliver and launch scalable enablement development programs that deliver best-in-class training on team processes and best practices for the implementation, support, and customer success functions
- Cultivate a culture of learning, performance and enablement
- 3+ years experience in enablement, training, coaching programs within a SaaS software company, required
- 1-2 years experience in program management with the ability to develop strategic initiatives that drives business goals and scale team efficiency, required
- 1-2 year experience in a Services environment, highly recommended
- 1-2 years with Learning Management Systems and delivery of hands-on training courses
- B.S. in life science degree or 1-2 years experience in research experience, a plus
- Experience in training coordination and project management with knowledge of building training frameworks
- Experience leveraging customer intelligence platform such as Gong.io / Chorus, a plus
- Experience using multimedia tools, software and graphics applications to create compelling enablement curriculum
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.