Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience! Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Director, User Research will be responsible for building and leading our new user research function! You will be responsible for establishing a functional research playbook and guiding our design team in exciting research initiatives! The Director, User Research will also be a cross functional partner, collaborating closely with our technical and commercial functions to improve and evolve product definition while driving business objectives.
Our ideal candidate is a strong leader and will advocate passionately for all our users while being able to operate at a strategic level to validate actionable research. Additionally, this candidate is an empathetic thinker who will lead design research by example while influencing the Design and cross functional teams to solve and scale a world-class experience, one patient at a time.
- Lead research throughout the product life-cycle from early stage research, through iterative prototype testing, and post-launch measurement
- Recruit and effectively lead and scale an elite team of researchers
- Establish a process for building on past research and evolve our insights over time
- Proactively collaborate with technical and commercial teams to define a research roadmap that will inform projects as well as business opportunities
- Build out our understanding of users and their psychology by conducting user research studies and build on archetypes & personas
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years proven track record as a UX researcher, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies
- 3+ years experience managing and leading a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Proven capability in building research capacity and thinking in organizations - advising, training, and supporting others to elevate their research quality and utility
- Strong consensus building, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Experience working on a cross-functional product development team
- Positive personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- Build and manage a world class team of researchers
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Visibility across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Director, User Research roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.