Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned Technical Accounting Director who can move fast and learn quickly to help solve technical accounting issues for emerging significant, non-routine, and unique transactions, on a wide-variety of topics including financial services related products and financial instruments. As a Director in our growing and dynamic Technical Accounting team at Facebook, this role requires an aptitude for thought leadership and will be responsible for leading high impact projects and supporting Facebooks multi-billion-dollar growth and strategic investments in disruptive technologies and initiatives. You will leverage your experience researching relevant technical guidance to identify key accounting issues and to recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex and non-routine transactions. Your ability to communicate concisely and effectively will inform all key stakeholders across leadership in Corporate Finance, Corporate Development, Treasury, Controllership, Global Energy and the broader Finance organization of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background. Your ability to partner, influence and lead change while evaluating multiple paths and problem-solving will be critical to success. You will also embrace ambiguity and Facebooks move fast culture by prioritizing responsibilities based on impact and transition well between various accounting topics, which may include areas such as: debt and equity transactions, investments, credit losses, financial instruments, derecognition of financial assets, supplier financing, derivatives and hedging including review of energy contracts, foreign currency matters, captive insurance, fair value measurement, variable interest entities (VIEs) and consolidation. You will also have external facing opportunities by participating in industry roundtables and/or participating in working groups to respond to proposed accounting pronouncements, rules and regulations.
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements, including in the deal structuring phase, and partner with global Technical Accounting team to bridge to the related IFRS accounting standards
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and provide guidance to other members of the Technical Accounting team
- Proactively partner and collaborate with various stakeholders including Corporate Finance, Corporate Development, Treasury, Controllership, Global Energy and other business stakeholders, external auditors, accounting standard setters and regulators to support the preparation and review of precedent setting accounting positions, policies, and financial statements
- Provide insight to or participate in preparation of new or existing accounting policies with Accounting Policy Governance team based on evolving industry standards and best practices and drive changes in those areas
- Monitor, understand and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements including areas related to accounting for financial instruments, derivatives and hedging, fair value measurement and any other financial service related matters
- Actively participate or assist with external facing stakeholder activities such as industry roundtables and/or standard setting working groups
- Identify training requirements of the business and facilitate on relevant accounting topics to Facebook personnel
- Develop and mentor other Technical Accounting personnel
More Jobs From