Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better Real Estate (BRE) simplifies the home buying journey for customers by matching them with top performing real estate agents and providing ongoing guidance throughout their home search phase, queing up a seamless loan process. The real estate agent is an important partner for the borrower, and BRE makes sure that every borrower is paired with an agent who's approach aligns with that borrower's needs.
Customers interested in our real estate offering have grown 10X since January 2019. The growth of the real estate company is a key part of 2021 strategy for Better. The Director, Strategy & Operations will play a critical role in managing BRE's scaling process by contributing to and taking ownership of a variety of initiatives. As an early member of this business, this hire will be deeply involved in shaping the strategy and operations for our real estate offering. This individual will act as a thought partner to the GM of Better Real Estate on strategic planning and execution across a variety of matters. This hire can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) and derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions, including sales, operations, marketing and product strategy
- Lead end-to-end execution on major real estate initiatives (past examples include: implementing nationwide real estate agent distribution network; building out first-of-its-kind customer and agent outreach team; designing multi-channel customer outreach strategy)
- Manage a team of 2-5 generalists on the strategy and operations team
- You are a strong performer with at least 6+ years of experience in management consulting at a top-tier firm, and in-house experience in an operations role. Your management consulting experience should include at least 1 year spent as an Engagement Manager.
- You are action oriented, and bring a strong sense of practicality to your execution approach.
- You have robust skills in data analysis (SQL experience strongly preferred) + modeling, as well slide writing + presentation
- Youve worked previously with a high-growth company, and have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable collaborating with people with various backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefitsincluding medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.