Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making investing and banking accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are seeking a Director, Strategy & Markets to join our Business & Strategy team in NYC and help plan our new markets strategy. Youll be responsible for assessing the viability of a Stash launch in various markets, developing go-to-market strategies for selected markets, and collaborating with other departments to successfully execute market entries. If you have a passion for fintech and are excited about developing innovative go-to-market strategies, Stash is looking for you!
What you'll do:
- Perform market research of various markets, build go-to-market strategies, and execute successful Stash entry
- Drive market research to understand local user needs, preferences, cultural differences, competitive landscape, and any other insights that will help drive strategic decision making
- Develop cohesive thesis for product launch and go-to-market strategy in select markets
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute against selected markets, including collaborating with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, and Legal
- Evaluate and communicate progress of expansion initiatives with executive committee and other key stakeholders
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for selected markets and provide ongoing reporting of these KPIs
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in management consulting or corporate strategy, preferably with a focus on the financial services industry
- Experience supporting new market expansion strategy & operations and/or experience launching products in new markets without an existing presence
- Experience with in depth market research including surveys, customer interviews, and product testing
- A self-starter with strong financial, analytical, and modeling skills
- The ability to work independently in a rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Interest in fintech, startups, or high growth organizations
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From