Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Director of Research with seasoned research, communication, and people management skills for the Ads and Business Products team. The Ads and Business Products (ABP) team at Facebook serves the 200 million businesses who use our free business tools, and the 10+ million who run paid ads on our platforms. As Director of Research in ABP, youll be part of a cross functional team responsible for defining the future of communication between businesses and consumers. Youll contribute to building world-class messaging tools that facilitate seamless communication between businesses and customers to share information, complete transactions, and develop relationships. The successful candidate has a proven track record of translating research into design and product decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across multiple research disciplines. The successful candidate must be an expert researcher who can generate and socialize insights that impact the strategy and product roadmaps of complex and diverse products. The role also requires a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, preferably with researchers of different disciplines. Candidates must be able to articulate the vision of the team to cross-functional partners and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development.
- Lead a team of qualitative and quantitative research professionals to drive impact on the business
- Guide research throughout the product life-cycle from early stage generative research, through iterative concept or prototype testing, and post-launch measurement
- Ensure focus on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs and looking ahead to the next big challenge or opportunity
- Deliver actionable and relevant insights aligned to both strategic and tactical product and designs decisions
- Advance collaboration with Design, PM, and Analytics through participatory research approaches and workshops to activate design thinking
- Advocate passionately for the customer, ensuring that the product experience is aligned to user needs and expectations
More Jobs From