At Tend, were combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the worlds first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes caring for our oral health an experience people look forward to.
Tend is looking for a Director of Public Relations and Influencer Engagement to oversee our communications efforts. You'll make a significant impact through securing a steady drumbeat of media coverage and influencer engagement.
The Director will be responsible for establishing and growing our brand as an industry leader and championing Tend to media, thought leaders and influencers. You will own and drive execution, working cross-functionally to surface and share brand, product and business stories that fuel our rapid growth. The role will focus on Tends three core areas: Services (e.g. Hygiene, Specialty), CPG (forthcoming suite of CPG products) and People (e.g building the employer brand to establish Tends reputation in the clinical world). This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work with other senior members of the organization to define the role public relations and influencer play in building a first-of-its-kind oral healthcare brand.
- Be responsible for defining and leading our Public Relations and Influencer strategy. You will develop, recommend, and execute storytelling opportunities that drive coverage and fuel Tends rapid growth
- Partner with the Marketing team to create communications materials and messaging documents that support all external communications
- Work with other senior members of the organization to define the role public relations and influencers play in building a first-of-its-kind oral healthcare brand
- Partner with the Design Team to manage organic social content to build nationwide audiences across all social media platforms
- Prepare go-to-market communication strategies for new campaigns, market entries and product launches
- Liaise with the People Team to create strategies that drive clinical recruiting
- Partner with the People Team to facilitate internal communications across our various locations
Public Relations Focus
- Own timelines and communication plans for all media efforts including product launches, new services, new market entries, talent announcements (Brand Ambassadors, Directors, etc).
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key editors and and reporters to place product coverage and establish Tend as the go-to oral healthcare solution with consumers
- Understand key media trends, challenges, and opportunities that can be used to differentiate Tends within the competitive market.
- Lead cross functional relationships with brand and other key departments within the company to identify critical product differentiation for storytelling on both regular business and new products
- Accountable for ensuring key stakeholders (both internal and external) are informed, updated and supportive of direction and plans
- Drive consistency of brand messaging across all media channels
- Manage active partnerships with outside agencies including PR, social and advertising agencies
- Understand key business priorities and metrics in order to identify storytelling opportunities that will move the business forward
- Develop strategy, KPIs and proposed structure for influencer programs and activations
- Identify key influencers and build relationships
- Handle communications with influencers and partners to plan, schedule, execute, and measure effective influencer programs
- Generate editorial opportunities to increase national coverage and affiliation with our brands
- Leverage time with talent to further expand overall relationships and build goodwill towards our brands
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in PR, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 6+ years of experience
- Experience working with social engagement tools & platforms (i.e. Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook, TikTok and Twitter
- Prior experience within the beauty or healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Experience managing multiple budgets
- A proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Demonstrated ability to generate coverage and proven track record of success
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Expertise in dealing with the press and influencers
- Collaborative influencing and leadership skills as evidenced by the ability to motivate and build consensus and partnerships
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both orally and written
- Dynamic, able to move quickly with program implementation and maintain focus amid change
- Consultative approach to planning and problem solving
- Strong follow up skills
- Strong attention to details and timelines
Our Goodie Bags are Pretty Impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin. Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, 401(k) with an employer match, generous paid time off, a pre-tax commuter benefit, and much more!
Keeping the Tend Community Safe
Weve always been committed to providing the highest quality of care for our team and members. During this time, we are taking extra precautions to promote the health and safety of those who work and receive treatment at our studios. From enhanced PPE to sterilized equipment and staggered visit times with on-site temperature checks, we prioritize your health every step. For more information on how were making our dental visits safer, please visit:https://www.hellotend.com/notice
We are committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.