Office Tour Photos
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established travel brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make a meaningful impact.
Tripadvisor is seeking a motivated and engaged Director of Product Design. We are looking for an experienced design leader who leads with passion, clarity and energy. In this role you will drive the future of Tripadvisor design and shape how users travel and take trips. You will work to create a cohesive and inclusive experience for Tripadvisors global users and have a direct impact on the design culture of the organization. You will manage a dynamic team of designers across Tripadvisors suite of digital products. Your work will touch hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
What youll be doing
- Lead, manage and mentor the Product Design practice at Tripadvisor
- Define our design strategy at Tripadvisor, short and long term, and work with the team to execute against our principles
- Balance product, business, and user-centered goals to ship products users love
- Set best practices and standards related to UX/UI across products and features - with a love for creating a cohesive design aesthetic across web, mobile, app, and design systems
- Become an active participant of the leadership team, and serve as a mentor within the company
- Assuming responsibility for the full, front-end experience that Tripadvisor customers will see, setting the design tone for Tripadvisor
- Maintain a pulse on trending best practices within the industry, to set and maintain Tripadvisors visual aesthetic and standards
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through the definition, design and delivery of multiple projects
- Partner with creative and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across products
- Partner with engineering and product management to set product strategy
- Advocate for travelers and for design with cross-business stakeholders
- Communicate research-backed insights concepts and designs to a variety of audiences
- Work with design leads on planning, staffing, budgeting, managing priorities
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to members of the design team
- 10+ years experience designing for products within a consumer focused tech or media company, with particular experience in content heavy platforms preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing design teams
- Experience leading within a senior leadership environment, keeping stakeholders informed and collaborating with ease
- A demonstrated killer visual aesthetic, that you are able to mold and restrain to bring the product experience to life
- The ability to bring large scale projects to life, within the appropriately assigned budgets and timelines
- Expert knowledge of user research, UX and product design methods and practices
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment
- A track record of collaborating with creative, product, marketing, and other internal team members to achieve business goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A pure excitement for content that lives within the product
- Experience working closely with designers to help them set and achieve satisfying career goals
- ****Portfolio required****
More Jobs From