Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Reporting directly to our VP of Design and Research, the Director of Product Design will lead our design team members in designing a service that could shape the financial future for our generation.This hire will collaborate with senior leadership and critical business stakeholders across the organization and will take ownership of product KPIs, understanding the numbers inside and out and driving a culture of testing, iteration, and direct communication with customers.
Lets talk. Were eager to show you how we innovate to help Americans save for their futures.
What youll do:
- Develop strategy for product design and manage day to day operation of the product design organization
- Manage and mentor an existing team of Product Designers
- Partner with UX Research team to integrate customer feedback into design
- Maintains a holistic view of the product and drive toward a simple and coherent experience
- Drive new ideas into user research, stakeholder reviews, and prototypes all the way into our applications
- Develop, present, and defend ideas in front of the design, product and executive teams
- Continuously strive to optimize our process to deliver design into engineering, while keeping the challenges of an agile design and engineering team in mind
- Ensures Stash UX meets a minimum level of quality, drives innovative UI/visual thinking, provide vision, and strategic direction to the product design team
- Be a great team leader that's able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What were looking for:
- At least 8+ years of Product Design experience for consumer brands on complex flows and use cases across customer journeys
- At least 3 years building and leading a highly effective design organization at a tech company that has shown excellence in product design
- Strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs
- Evidence of using research and data to steer design thinking
- Point-of-view on how to create happy, productive design organizations
- Awareness of best-in-class tools for design and prototyping
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From