Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us reinvent a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
Build a world where customers receive an affordable mortgage and can move through the process in days vs. weeks. Be part of the team that is building the core operating muscle and brain that powers the entire lifecycle from pre application affordability to decisioning to originating to executing in secondary markets. This PM will be at the forefront of rethinking and reinventing this journey.
The Internal Efficiency Team works on some of the most strategic areas of the business:
- Contact Center / CRM Platform: Build trust with customers during this critical financial decision, help them resolve issues when they come up. How can we optimize omni-channel communication and enable people to do what they do best and let machines fill in the rest? How can we leverage Twilio Flex to deeply integrate with our systems and enable our service teams to have exactly what they need at their fingertips? Should we build chatbot experiences, optimize dialing tools, or find the most convenient possible way for customers to get the answers to every question that arises?
- Volume + Labor Management: Build tools that function as the brain for our operations team - thousands of members with 20+ distinct roles - that enable them to continue consistently delivering an incredible experience to borrowers. What is the best way to distribute work? To balance loads across team members? To identify bottlenecks in the factory ahead of time and automatically communicate to systems and decision makers throughout the business?
- Workflows + Platform: Evolve our core workflow engine as it generates tasks, processes information, and ensures we meet all regulatory and credit requirements for loans. How can we leverage data to streamline the mortgage process and remove friction for customers? How can we only ask for the right information at the right time? How can we optimize flow through the mortgage engine? What admin tools do we need for this growing platform?
As a Sr. Manager on the Internal Efficiency Product team, you will play a pivotal role in driving that innovation. You will work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, data scientists and executive leaders throughout the company to build products that allow Better to scale rapidly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining and leading the long term vision and roadmap for your product area
- We are crafting an extraordinary experience for borrowers, internal teams, and now, third party real estate agents. This new venture comes with sophisticated technical challenges and will require partnership with many product and engineering teams, as well as cross functional partner groups around our blitz-scaling company
- You will bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- You will manage multiple projects and challenging priorities with consistency and transparency, while successfully knowing which projects and components of the roadmap to tackle first
- You recognize when Product processes need to be improved and can take the lead on implementing innovative approaches, but recognize that too much change at once is not productive
- You will mentor, and potentially manage, PMs working in similar product / problem areas
- Worked for 10+ years in a product management capacity at a technology driven organization
- You have owned a team of Product Managers or Business Analysts for 3+ years
- Provided top-quality written and in-person presentations to strategic and executive leaders. You can simplify the most complicated concepts for any audience
- Carry deep technical expertise and ability to understand data, integrations, and platforms. You can envision how systems work together on top of sophisticated platforms to serve multiple user groups.
- Have a history of successfully working with users in sales and operations, understanding their needs and crafting improvements to meet those needs
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
More Jobs From