Who We Are:
JOOR is disrupting the fashion industry and thats not just marketing speak. So many of the people who come to JOOR are looking to work for a tech company with a unique and interesting challenge. Well, JOOR offers this and more. Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Women to Watch in 2020 by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 140 employees in 9 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 8,600 brands across 53 categories, 200,000 retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1B in global merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month. Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like Ounass and Nisnass; and key influencers like Forty Five Ten and Dover Street Market. Leading mens and womens brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Isabel Marant, Stella McCartney, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, youll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, than JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are building software that is transforming an industry
- Our industry-leading technology won an American Business (Stevie) Award
- We are global and rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
About the Role
JOORs Product team is responsible for developing and shipping product experiences that create value for our users and deliver on JOORs mission and business objectives. Our product team is currently focused on 3 areas of opportunity: (1) Realizing the revenue potential through payments & brand product line ownership (2) Expanding our retailer network (3) Expanding our data exchange for all users on the JOOR network.
Your job as a Director of Product is to take ownership over payments & brand vertical- envision and refine strategic solutions, and drive your teams to execution like an entrepreneur. This is a leadership role; you will lead a team of two PMs and will collaborate closely with a talented, cross-functional team of engineers, designers, marketers, business operators and our sales drivers.
We are looking for a professional with strong and proven Product Management experience developing products for SaaS startups and, ideally, marketplace or eCommerce platforms. Candidates need to be comfortable with both technical concepts/language and the ability to lead a customer-centric development team to create a best in class product for users. You understand when to build something scrappy and when to build for scale. You will be reporting to the VP of Product. In your role, you will specifically;
- Own the brand product roadmap and partner closely with engineering, marketing, business operations and our sales team to develop the product by determining the vision and generating requirements, and liaise between technology and the greater organization
- Take ownership of JOORs payment initiatives and ensure we roll out the right products to hit our set goals
- Lead projects end to end, from ideation, execution and adoption, inclusive of business case development, customer experience design and build of servicing model
- Lead and grow the two Product Managers reporting to you, so they too are constantly coming up with creative ways to add more value to our customers through new features, new business models, and technical innovation. Hire additional team members as JOOR grows
- Plan and coordinate all of the moving pieces of your product lines tech sprints, keeping all stakeholders informed of product changes and future visions
- Weigh and justify product development between short-term needs and long-term strategic direction.
- Show passion and sell your product vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with the rest of the product team to provide consistency and visibility into the feature request process and roadmap delivery, including implementing new tools and processes
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of progressive product management experience with 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Knowledge/expertise of digital payments, innovation, and ecommerce
- You have a no job too small, no task too great mentality
- Collaborate closely with UX and Engineering because you believe with them, we are one entity
- Think of the big picture but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front of you
- Collaborator at heart with a strong belief that it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- Have experience and enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to keep teams motivated and positive when up against tight deadlines
- Client facing and understands how to handle enterprise clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- International travel required; clients visits and industry events (up to once every two months)
- BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics plus. MBA preferred
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action.
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
- Need a break? Generous My Time policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series.
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the companys performance in relation to revenue and growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.