Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our mortgage loan operation is the primary driver of Better.coms revenue, and the Collateral team is a key component of that operation. Made up of four core components (Appraisal, Title, Homeowners Insurance, and Project Certification), the Collateral team owns the process of determining if a given property is suitable collateral for the loan in question. The Collateral group has grown 6x in the past year and is not slowing down yet! As we grow, so too do our relationships with vendors. Collateral works with over a dozen outside third parties. Our service level agreements, pricing and product needs evolve as quickly as our headcount. Sometimes the vendors that got us here are not the same vendors to get us there, so were always on the lookout for the latest and greatest innovations to add to our toolkit. The ideal candidate brings a creative perspective, and can easily pair strategic thinking with operational efficiency, constantly pushing for better. We are looking for an organized leader who is comfortable leading by example, while operating from a birds eye view.
Responsibilities will include:
- People management of the team members that monitors vendor performance, volume allocation, costs, contract renegotiations and innovative pilot programs with existing vendors.
- Proactively monitoring the external environment (e.g., regulatory landscape, vendors in the news).
- Implement best practices for the spend, monitoring, sourcing and auditing of vendors.
- Drive performance metrics in order to support operational objectives.
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, determine future strategies, and highlight opportunities for improvement that continually drive performance.
- Build market intelligence on key suppliers, product offerings and new technology that disrupts and innovates.
- Strategic cost management by reducing costs and optimizing spend.
- You have 10+ years of experience in procurement.
- Bonus: You have 2+ years real estate appraisal, title insurance or mortgage experience.
- You are a highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues.
- You bias to action, and bring a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness to your work.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
- You have a solid foundation in data analysis and modeling (experience with SQL and Tableau preferred).
- You are a skilled communicator with excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to garner consensus.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
More Jobs From