We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is currently hiring for a Manager of Facilities. This position will be responsible for the management of direct day-to-day facilities and office operations, administrative staff and vendors, supplies, and maintenance. There will be a strong component of coordination of administrative procedures and streamlining processes throughout all offices. Travel is a requirement of this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in managing the relationship with landlords and outsourced real estate service providers to ensure compliance with agreements, adherence to policies and standards, optimal functioning of all building systems (mechanical, fire/life safety, elevators, etc.) and maximization of cost savings opportunities.
- Monitor costs and expenses, prepare and propose budgets for office operations.
- Oversee construction projects and ensure project and/or program deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Oversee, review, improve, and implement plans and procedures for facility operations and maintenance; preventative maintenance; space planning; and renovation projects.
- Coordinate all in-office functions, such as office management, space planning, seating chart, shipping/receiving mail, and conference rooms.
- 5 to 8 years of administrative and leased real estate experience, including experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Intimate familiarity with office management, IT, and security needs, including knowledge of all facilities-related laws and regulations.
- Expertise with project management including planning, budgeting, cost estimating and management, design, contracts, construction oversight, facility commissioning, and reporting.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for collaboration and leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or a related field.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
More Jobs From