Are you passionate about healthcare and looking for a place where you can have a tangible impact on a fortune 5 company? Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster to generate insights and drive business performance? Aetnas Analytics & Behavior Change team is passionate about delivering strategically impactful programs to grow our business and help our members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
About the team: The Commercial Growth Analytics team helps supercharge CVS-Aetnas insurance business by pairing the best in class data science solutions with business strategy to achieve profitable member growth. The team has three main focus areas 1. Identify Commercial membership growth opportunities, 2. Optimize resource allocation, and 3. Develop data-driven tools & solutions to enhance sales performance.
About the position: The Director Data Science will lead analytics professionals in support one or more of the teams three objectives. The role will lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models, reporting tools, and strategic growth projects. Also, this role will work directly with Commercial & Sales partners to translate business needs into meaningful insights / recommendations / solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences. We are looking for an inspiring leader to help tackle challenging and sophisticated analytical problems.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their strategy, problems, and goals
- Works with senior leaders to proactively translate business problems into clear and effective analytical solution
- Leads analyses of structured and unstructured data to tackle multiple and complex business problems
- Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists
- Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients
- Will lead development of an actionable suite of business reporting tools to support a new Commercial product line
- Autonomously leads the client relationship with senior business leaders as their single point of contact
- Serves as domain expert for data assets and predictive analytics to business partners
- Leads multiple large and complex multi-functional projects from data exploration, model / tool building, and deployment
- Sets priorities and executes strategy for the analytics organization always thinking about where the team is headed
- Mentors junior team members and supports their development
- 5+ years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact
- Minimum 10 years total business experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Solid understanding of sophisticated analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Effective change management experience within a large, complex organization
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in quantitative field
- Masters degree or MBA strongly preferred
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.