Its a new day in health care!
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nations premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, were pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
As a CVS Health colleague, youll be at the center of it all.We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success.
In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that help members make the best decisions for the individual care needs?
Aetnas Member analytics team is an innovate team tasked with optimizing our ability to engage with members to help them make better healthcare decisions. Our goals are to improve clinical outcomes and to help members gain more transparency into the healthcare system so that they can save money. To do this weve developed a leading capability that combines data science, agile marketing, behavioral economics, large scale experimentation, and optimization of our digital properties and applications. Through this we message millions of members each year about real challenges they face and help them become more healthy or save money we drive tangible and meaningful impact for our members.
A common campaign for us would include a number of predictive models that identify specific members to message at specific moments, a suite of creative tactics with varying behavioral economics principles to deliver content, and the use of a large number of channels and apps in a highly coordinated and journey based fashion - all deployed by our own team through the experimentation platform that weve developed. Our organization can launch campaigns in as little as six weeks and then over time will optimize and tune them; we currently maintain and optimize a portfolio of over one hundred very specific behavioral campaigns. We are constantly expanding and seeking to develop new campaigns and develop our ability to maximize behavior change by improving our ability to engage across channels and increasingly have a large focus on doing this through our apps. Our work encompasses identifying impactful behaviors to target, designing campaigns for them, optimizing those campaigns, and optimizing our overall functionality to do so. If you join our organization youll become an expert in understanding decision making and behavior, applying cutting edge machine learning/experimentation/behavioral science techniques, developing software to expand the ability to engage, building out digital properties, and running an agile business that innovates at large scale and high velocity. And youll know that your work directly impacts our membership in a positive way.
We are looking for a director to lead one of our teams dedicated to creating and optimizing Next Best Actions (NBAs). One of CVSs key strategic initiatives is leveraging data science, marketing, and behavioral economics to help members understand the best action they can take in their healthcare journey.
Weve built a robust platform to do this through a combination of machine learning models that precisely target members, an experimentation and engagement platform built on a combination of open source technologies, and a partnership with a team of marketers and behavioral scientists dedicated to helping design winning engagement strategies.
Through this platform we identify key decisions that we want to help influence, develop both the data science and engagement strategies for targeting and influencing those decisions, and optimize campaigns through A/B testing and statistical and machine learning techniques (e.g. identifying members most likely to respond). You will lead one of the teams dedicated to NBAs and your responsibilities would include:
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their strategy, problems, and goals. Works with senior leaders and autonomously to identify new opportunities to create NBAs
- Leading multiple analytics team(s), each of which is dedicated to a specific NBA.
- For each NBA team:
- Managing the success of each NBA through impact analyses and optimization
- All stakeholder/partner interactions with clinicians, business teams dedicated to topic area of NBA and marketing partners
- Measurement and performance read outs to senior business leaders and associated
- Leadership of data scientists including translation of business problems into math problems, guidance to ensure data science solution target the right outcome and are an efficient investment of the teams time, mentorship and coaching for growth
- Prioritization of activities
- Plans for the current year in terms of strategy and operations and plans for future years in terms of topic area roadmap, business partners, and product support
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Applies experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully direct the development of statistical and mathematical analyses to support the development of NBAs.
- Is excellent and converting and structuring specific and discreet analytical tasks from business partner requests or new topic areas
- Is laser focused on ensuring we are answering the right question in the most efficient manner and ensuring our partners understand this, more so than answering the questions we may be at first asked to answer
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Has 5+ years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
- Has 2+ years of people management experience
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.