About the Role
Then Director of Channel Sales is an integral part of the goTenna Business Development and Sales team. In this position, you will drive the acquisition of new business while developing strong relationships with customer accounts and channel partners. You will manage, lead, and coach our growing team of Channel Business Development Managers in order to grow YOY sales. You should be passionate about developing and motivating a team, exceeding customer expectations, have strong organizational skills, and have experience in establishing and prioritizing opportunities in the sales funnel while successfully moving them to close.
- Grow and drive sales while winning new business
- Build strong partnerships with existing business and channel partner relationships
- Actively create, manage, and grow customers and opportunities. Establish new business capture strategies and execution plans through all phases of the sales cycle to achieve short and long-term growth targets
- Manage and mentor team of Channel Business Development Managers. Increase productivity through sales planning, direct coaching, and training.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams including Marketing, Product, Operations, Customer Experience, and Engineering
- Analyze sales reports and CRM data to maintain forecasting
- Perform competitive analysis to make recommendations to increase channel partner business while creatively identifying new ways to grow channel partner relationships
- Support team in effectively onboarding and training new Channel Partners, ensuring compliance with their agreements, and managing any conflict between partners and clients
- Attend trade shows, events, and customer demos to provide high level relationship management
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 8+ years of relevant sales experience, at least 4 years in Sales and People Management
- 5+ years of experience selling hardware and software products to the government, military, or communications industry
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams on product development and sales
- Salesforce Experience
- Background in hardware and SaaS sales in Public Safety and Government
- Experience developing Channel Partner Strategies, and working in both channel and direct sales environments
- Demonstrated success in closing large sales and major programs, building strong relationship and developing key account penetration year over year
- The ability to lift 25-pound boxes to a height of 5-6 feet and load them into overhead airline storage (related to customer visits, trade shows, and industry events)
- Travel 80% per year to travel with team members, as well as to visit key customers, attend major conferences, trade shows, and other events
goTenna is building the worlds most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock societys last-mile.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.