DIrector of Business Development
M.Gemi is redefining the luxury products industry by leveraging the uniqueness of Italian manufacturing combined with a technology and data-driven supply chain engine. By challenging the long-standing design and manufacturing process, we are delivering new products to market in record time and selling direct to the consumer through a state of the art digital platform as well as physical showrooms. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
Backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury footwear market.
Our teamlocated in New York, Boston, and Florenceis comprised of outstanding talent that crosses the spectrum and is united in our devotion to quality and innovation at every touch point, from unparalleled client service to disruptive retail experiences, and of course, creating exceptional products, from shoes to store to website. We seek highly ambitious, creative problem solvers to join our quickly growing team.
The Director of Brand Marketing & Partnerships will create and execute strategic initiatives to expand revenue through customer acquisition programs, new channels of distribution, and partnerships to enhance brand awareness. This leader will work cross functionally to ensure programs are developed and implemented with broad organizational support. Prioritization, clear communication and a strong sense of urgency are essential for success in this role.
- Roll up your sleeves, scrappy and creative hands on leader
- A resourceful self-starter and independent business driver with the ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to assess and prioritize opportunities based upon company goals and potential impact of proposed programs
- Ability to identify resource needs for programs and at the appropriate time recruit, hire and manage a team
- 5-10 years experience in consumer facing businesses + meaningful experience in the digital ecosystem
- Literacy in modern online and offline marketing programs (social, paid, PR, influencer etc.)
- 5+ years experience in sourcing, negotiating & implementing scalable partnerships
- Experience in developing financial metrics and reporting to define and track success of programs
- Strong sales and networking skill sets
- Proven success in leading and mentoring teams of marketers
- Intellectually curious, self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- Strong budget management skills
High Level Functions:
- Protector of the M.Gemi brand and consumer
- Identify, select, and implement partnerships to drive traffic to M.Gemi.com and physical store locations
- Prospect and vet opportunities for wholesale distribution where strategically relevant (to enhance brand and customer acquisition)
- Select and explore new areas for revenue expansion and brand enhancement through partnerships such as credit card companies, media outlets, influencers / networks, events etc
- Develop multi-channel brand campaigns and influencer collaborations online and in-store
- Lead brand, partnerships, and organic social teams
- Scouting and vetting new partnerships
- Solicit and incorporate customer feedback into brand and marketing activities
- Document and present key learnings and strategic plans
- Manage PR and influencer agencies and help lead affiliate agency
- Budget management and approvals
- Identify and test new marketing channels
- Identify & examine opportunities for international distribution through existing platforms and partnerships