Director, Business Development
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
We are seeking an entrepreneurial business development executive to lead the business development effort for a new line of business focused on expanding our products to a new set of clients - connected communities. These connected communities are private clients such as large-scale real estate developments and hospitals. Reporting to Intersections head of business development, and working closely with the product, engagement management, and sales teams, s/he will need to be both revenue and product focused - closing deals, but also helping shape the offering given market needs.
Within your first month:
- Get a deep understanding of Intersections products, capabilities and business model by meeting with and learning from a cross-functional group of employees (eg. executive management, product, engineering, business development, deployment, advertising sales)
- Identify potential partners who would be interested in Intersections technology and services
- Make initial contact with potential partners
Within your first three months:
- Preparing pitch materials and term sheets for potential partners
- In-person meetings and pitches with potential partners
- Negotiating terms and structuring deals with interested parties
- Providing feedback to broader Connected Communities team so that we can adapt our products to best meet the needs of the market
Within your first nine months:
- Take leadership of the Connected Communities BD pipeline
- Negotiate and close deals with initial group of partners
- Continue to provide market feedback to broader Connected Communities team
Youre great for this role because:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in business development or enterprise sales, ideally in the technology, media or real estate industries
- You have a strong revenue orientation, as this particular role will be primarily measured on revenue growth
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to gather and synthesize information across many aspects of the business (finance, legal, product, engineering, deployment) and work on cross-functional teams
- You have strong financial analysis skills
- You are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative, with the ability to work quickly, handle multiple projects at once and shift gears on a dime
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- You have strong presentation skills and ability to present to senior executives and external partners
- You have experience with Powerpoint, Google Docs, Excel and/or Keynote
- You have deep knowledge of and passion for emerging technologies, internet business models, urban innovation, real estate and digital media
- You are passionate about Intersections mission to improve the urban experience through technology
- You ideally have experience working with public entities (governments, transit authorities) or real estate clients (not a requirement)
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.