Director, Ad Operations
Company and background
The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, and thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities and venues around the world, Digital Out of Home is one of the fastest growing media channels. Place Exchange is the first and only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) and Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, and bottom-line results for advertisers. Our proprietary and patent-pending technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, and attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.
Place Exchange is looking for a Director of Advertising Operations to lead all aspects of campaign operations. This senior and highly visible role, central to the success of Place Exchange, reports in to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Deliver against Place Exchanges programmatic advertising revenue objectives by ensuring timely and flawless campaign execution across our demand and supply integrations.
- Define, codify, and implement best practices for all aspects of campaign execution (including planning, inventory availability, campaign setup, ad tag trafficking, creative trafficking, and approvals, reporting, optimization, QA, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Oversee all day-to-day campaign operations, supervising the Ad Operations team and outsourced resources who support the Ad Operations team.
- Ensure campaigns deliver against KPIs and performance expectations and serve as escalation and final decision point around all operational issues.
- Work with Product and Engineering to develop tools and systems to help automate and campaign execution.
- Design and implement approaches to support custom/bespoke executions for strategic partners.
- Lead client, partner, and vendor communications around operational and technical areas as needed.
- Work closely with Place Exchange demand-side and supply-side partners to support on-boarding, testing, and strategic initiatives.
- Attract, develop, and coach talent to build a best-in-class operations team.
- Collaborate internally with the Product team to communicate operational needs and drive roadmap priorities.
- Work closely with the Sales, Account, Partnership, and Marketing teams to develop messaging and supporting collateral to help drive partner success and grow revenues.
- 5+ years experience in Ad Operations, including experience working with programmatic platforms (DSPs, SSPs, ad servers).
- Experience designing and implementing technical / operational best practices in a media campaign context.
- Experience with display, dynamic creative, and video ad serving, including VAST tag implementations.
- Extensive familiarity with the ad tech ecosystem, key players, and trends.
- Familiarity with the Out of Home media landscape a plus (OOH media companies, place-based media companies, etc.).
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with a willingness and comfort to work in a fast-paced and agile startup environment.
- Experience leading a team in a high growth environment.
- Collaborative, team-oriented working style.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.