Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Director, Accounting Policy Governance who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to join our high-energy Controllership team. This role requires an aptitude for thought leadership and will be responsible for leading high impact projects and supporting Facebooks multi-billion-dollar growth and strategic investments in disruptive technologies and initiatives such as Infrastructure and Connectivity, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Blockchain and other New Products. We are looking for an individual who has a strong passion to combine disciplines of technical accounting and economic outcomes of complex business transactions; support Facebook leadership to present industry impacts and alternatives to the accounting standard setting bodies (FASB/IASB) and the SEC on unique and complex financial reporting matters; develop accounting policies and lead implementation; and actively participate to promote learning culture and develop current and future talent. This position will report to Controller, Accounting Policy & Risk Analytics. Ideally, our candidate is comfortable and effective in a rapidly changing environment and will partner closely with the leaders across Facebook including Technical Accounting, SEC Reporting, Corporate and Infrastructure Controllerships, Valuation, Treasury, Tax, Investors Relations, FP&A, Corporate Development and other Finance functions (both in the US and across international regions), as well as a broad group of cross-functional business teams in order to provide accounting policy guidance on complex transactions and perform accounting risk analysis in supporting well informed decisions. The individual must be a self-starter, fast learner and capable of taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to anticipate and surface issues, solve problems and recommend solutions, while exercising good business judgment and risk management. This role requires strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between the business and Finance, and to lead and/or facilitate discussions with executives and our Audit and Risk Oversight Committee. Effective time management and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects are essential to the success of this role.
- Develop, implement and sustain compliance of organization-wide accounting manual including, accounting policies, conventions and procedures under US GAAP and IFRS considering current and new business initiatives
- Coordinate accounting policy updates across Facebooks various businesses and cross-functional partners, taking into account changes to business processes, new accounting and reporting guidance and technical accounting conclusions
- Support in managing the technical accounting committee meetings, develop meeting agenda taking inputs from cross-functional teams, and support in approving new accounting policies and matters related to accounting conventions
- Partner with the members of the Technical Accounting and the SEC Reporting teams in providing consultation on unusual technical accounting and financial reporting matters and evaluate impact to Facebooks accounting policies and accounting conventions
- Monitor the activities of accounting standard setting bodies to ensure timely identification of emerging pronouncements and provide thought leadership while engaging with external organizations working groups and our Big 4 vendors
- Actively support Facebook leadership in the accounting standard setting process with the FASB and the IASB in preparation of industry impacts and alternatives accounting views in alignment of accounting outcomes with economic realities of the business transactions
- Monitor the activities related to the SEC rulemaking process from concept release to rule adoption and assess impact to Facebook external reporting and impact to industry
- Contribute to various industry group and other technical forums such as FEIs Committee on Corporate Reporting and AICPA committees
- Manage the learning and development program on accounting and financial reporting matters and support in execution of accounting policy training with technical accounting and SEC reporting teams as well as our Big 4 vendors
- Review Facebooks SEC filings and provide critical review and feedback to the SEC Reporting and Disclosure Committee members
More Jobs From