The Director, Service Operations (Security/Accessibility) is responsible for increasing member and provider satisfaction, retention, and growth by efficiently delivering competitive services to members and providers through a fully integrated organization staffed by knowledgeable, customer-focused professionals supported by exemplary technologies and processes.
- Oversees the operations of multiple service centers in different locations handling a customer service function, which may include claims, member or provider services, billing, enrollment, accounts receivable and implementation services.
- Oversees operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow across multiple service centers.
- Directs implementation of service standards for each location to ensure delivery of quality-focused, consistent cost-effective service and administration.
- Analyzes operational practices for effectiveness and practicality, while creating a culture which is innovative in its approach to solutions.
- Establishes a clear vision aligned with company values; sets specific challenging and achievable objectives and action plans; motivates others to balance customer needs, budgets, and business success.
- Develops an organization that attracts, selects, and retains high caliber, diverse talent able to successfully achieve or exceed business goals; builds a cohesive team that works well together and across other business segment functions.
- Effectively and proactively manages to budget, analyzing and acting upon financial variances from plan by identifying additional cost saving strategies.
- Leads and builds high performance teams across units by providing leadership, mentoring and coaching in achieving understanding of the voice of the customer.
- Monitors and evaluates service center operational plans ensuring customer service standards are maintained during facility shutdowns (anticipated or unanticipated) and during business activity transfers between locations. Coordinates major plan modifications necessitated by unanticipated business or technology developments.
- Develops and implements business strategies to provide accurate and proactive customer service to members, plan sponsors and brokers aligned to service center. Provides operational support for market management of plan sponsors, members, and network providers.
- Ensures compliance outcomes are included in all plans and goals.
Seven + years of experience in managing high volume transaction processing, financial management, project delivery, production, systems analysis and application program development.
Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Multiple years proven leadership experience setting strategic direction and influencing change that resulted in quantifiable positive outcomes.
Proven strong leadership skills managing large high performance teams.
Healthcare experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in a closely-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master's degree preferred.
Additional Job Information
Must demonstrate technical leadership, be able to turn vision into action, drive outcomes, and promote common goals and actions.
Outstanding oral and written communication skills including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration/influencing.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
10 - 25%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.