Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether its running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids? Aetnas Member Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful programs and tools to help members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
This Senior Director level candidate manages an analytics team and plays a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering predictive analytics solutions to drive customer engagement and improve NPS/CSAT and customer experience across critical journeys, e.g., onboarding, retention, breast cancer, maternity. The candidate will also lead Service Operations Analytics, focused on deploying analytics solutions to support our Call Center colleagues on topics such as First Call Resolution, Repeat Call reduction, as well as customer experience. The candidate will lead project teams responsible for extracting and manipulating data from multiple, large data sources, using the data to deliver predictive models and solutions, partnering with internal stakeholders to target members across channels (mobile app, web, email, social, call center), and fix member experience across journeys, managing day-to-day interactions with business stakeholders.
- Core thought partner and contributor to Enterprise Customer Experience Strategy, including identifying, sizing and prioritizing opportunities in partnership with business partners (Service Operations, Digital, Marketing, Enterprise Insights)
- Set priorities, roadmap and execute strategy for Customer Experience Analytics team, aligned with enterprise strategy
- Lead a portfolio of large cross-functional projects, that collectively move the needle on Customer Experience. Some project may target Commercial members, some may target our Medicare members. Example of projects include:
- Develop deep understanding of drivers of NPS or CSAT, as well as baseline journeys and pain points
- Stand up new Welcome and Onboard experience for new and returning members, including Digital/in-app experience, in partnership with colleagues in Marketing and Digital organization
- Fixing customer experience journeys, e.g., Find a provider, in collaboration with Service Ops (call center), Digital (in-app and website), and Marketing (email/direct mail/SMS capabilities)
- Provide transparency into Member Contactability (emailability, home address, cell phone numbers) for each book of business. Drive digital adoption and reversely Print reduction for the enterprise, in partnership with Marketing colleagues
Service Ops Analytics
- Product Owner for Advanced Analytics as part of Service Operations Intelligent Agent roadmap definition and execution. Intelligent Agent is an enterprise-wide program to encourage member and provider self-service via personalized user experiences across many channels, starting with a conversational IVR.
- Act as SME in vendor selection, architecture reviews, product roadmap prioritization, etcin partnership with IT and business stakeholders
- Responsible for delivery of Analytics components, e.g., Intent Labelling models for conversational IVR; team is a mix of internal data scientists, as well as implementation partner resources
- Collaborate with business partner to identify and execute new analytics-driven opportunities to drive efficiencies in Call Center operations, e.g., better forecasting models, predicting and pre-empting repeat callers
Leadership & management skills
- Develop and autonomously lead relationship with core clients, from peers up to VP level, to align on initiatives, provide regular updates, and solicit buy-in and feedback along execution
- Works with senior leaders to further understand their priorities and identify new opportunities to implement analytics solutions to business problems
- Manage team of up to 5 Data scientists, working on data-driven customer experience projects.
- Manage team of offshore data scientists and analysts, e.g., gathering requirements from the business, managing team tasks and deliverables through Jira, checking quality of work deliverables
- Ability to translate business problems into analytical solutions, frame and break down problems for analytics team
- Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions, and present recommendations to senior staff and internal clients and stakeholders
- Minimum 10 years total business experience
- 5+ years experience in strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- 5+ years of business experience leading analytics teams or data-driven initiatives with track record of business impact
- 5+ years of Analytics / Data science Product experience, from inception/strategy, down to implementation, preferably in complex large scale corporate settings
- 5+ years of experience leading customer experience initiatives in data-driven context, with cross-functional stakeholders; Call center optimization experience a plus
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts, insights and implications to business partners
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Master's degree. MBA preferred
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.