Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an individual to focus on our news content acquisition efforts and general deal flow on the Content, Strategy and Planning team within the Media Partnerships organization. This is a unique opportunity to work with local, digital, broadcast news partners and other content rights-holders while helping to support Facebook product launches. You will be directly responsible for the end-to-end negotiations with partners. The ideal candidate will have experience with strategic negotiations and analysis, along with a clear understanding of the content landscape in the United States and/or Europe. You will work closely with both the News Partnerships and Entertainment teams as well as operations and legal, among others, to deliver results.
- Inform in the creation of the necessary business, policy, and legal terms to support commercial agreements and FB programs
- Support program creation leveraging quantitative analysis and industry research
- Negotiate agreements with partners from creation to execution
- Develop working relationships both inside and outside of Facebook
- Inform the operational requirements for programs, such as inclusion criteria, reporting details, payment flows, etc.
- Represent Facebook in meetings with executives from other companies