Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an individual to focus on our news content acquisition efforts and general deal flow on the Content, Strategy and Planning team within the Media Partnerships organization. This is a unique opportunity to work with local, digital, individual creators and broadcast news partners while helping to support Facebook product launches. You will be directly responsible for the end-to-end negotiations with partners. The ideal candidate will have experience with strategic negotiations and analysis, along with a clear understanding of the news landscape in the United States. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to execute programs and partnerships that drive meaningful value to media partners. You will work closely with the News Partnerships teams as well as operations and legal, among others, to deliver results.
- Inform in the creation of the necessary policy and legal agreements to support programs
- Negotiate agreements with partners from creation to execution
- Develop working relationships both inside and outside of Facebook
- Inform the operational requirements for managing partner programs, such as reporting details, payment flows, etc.
- Support program creation leveraging quantitative analysis and industry research
- Represent Facebook in meetings with executives from other companies