Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Small Business Group (SBG) contributes directly to Facebooks mission by connecting small businesses with their customers and helping them grow through solutions like pages, advertising, and offers. We succeed when we help our customers grow their business.The SBG team is searching for a Data Scientist. The Data Scientist will use data analysis to understand customer profiles, produce reports to track our business, build models to provide insight into the Small Business customer base, identify opportunities, and impact the strategy of our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams. Ideal candidates love breaking down problems, building solutions, delivering actionable and data-driven insights, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Take advantage of massive amounts of structured data to understand how our customers interact with our product and service offerings
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the experience of businesses on the Facebook family of apps using data science
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of projects from data requirement gathering to data processing, modeling, and recommendations
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities requiring the use of modern analytical and modeling techniques
- Design and execute experiments (e.g., A/B testing, multi-armed bandit)
- Communicate insights and recommendations to business leads and influence strategic decision-making
- Frequently switch between on-the-ground tactical execution and 30k foot strategy