Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At the heart of the Instagram Well-being organization is the data science team whose empirical studies and rigorous analyses shape the direction of Well-being product development, striving to protect Instagram users and their data and enables seamless development of safe and supportive products. We are looking for a Data Scientist for Instagram Well-Being (Equity & Inclusion) to drive projects that help make Instagram an equitable product for everyone. This data scientist will help develop the measurement strategy, drive execution and collaboration across Instagram and Facebook teams to develop better features, frameworks, tools and systems to support equity in our product. Additionally, theyll drive collaboration and programs across Instagram Data Science teams to leverage those methodologies. The data scientist will do this by creating a number of tools and services and deciding the right metrics to track, measurement/testing to establish, predictions to build, and data automation to drive and to help us know whether or not we are meeting our mission to be a positive force in the world. We are looking for hands-on problem solvers with strong communication skills and ability to influence and drive outcomes. You will work in close partnership with a top-notch group of researchers and data scientists across Facebook, Inc. to translate user research and guidance from technical experts into data-driven product strategies. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your strategic thinking and ideas turned into real products on a regular basis. You should be flexible and comfortable working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. Additionally, were looking for individuals who are truly passionate and have demonstrated success in developing and implementing Diversity & Inclusion strategies and evaluating and measuring bias in products and algorithms.
- Identify high-impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modeling
- Size opportunities to ensure product teams are prioritizing the most impactful work
- Ensure product strategy has actionable measurement plans by owning goal metrics and evaluating product team performance
- Execute on high priority learning initiatives and measurement strategies for Well-being, Instagram, and Facebook
- Establish strong trusted relationships with the data science and product communities of Instagram and Facebook
- Lead cross-functional and cross-team relationship building and collaboration with product, user research and engineering team
More Jobs From