Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing thats built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilons award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the worlds top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
As a Data Scientist in our Analytic Consulting Group, you will be responsible for researching and building data automation and data science processes to expand Epsilons analytic capabilities in support of our clients. You will work on real-world marketing problems as part of our highly collaborative Analytic Consulting Group to develop solutions that will directly impact our business. This includes researching and developing models, algorithms, and data use cases; analyzing raw source data and derived data; presenting findings and identifying marketing opportunities; and building tools and analyses for new and existing Epsilon technology products.
- You will be a lead data scientist helping to analyze data from across the marketing landscape. This includes connecting 1st party data from your clients data sets with proprietary Epsilon data sets and marketing interaction data. With this robust view of consumer behavior at your fingertips your task will be to help find new segmentation opportunities via thoughtful audience identification, hypothesis testing, and advanced statistical analysis.
- Develop an understanding of Epsilons current analytic capabilities, marketing platforms, and proprietary datasets
- Use your data science expertise to research and recommend the best analytic approaches to solving the most difficult marketing problems facing our clients
- Create & deploy proprietary audience propensity models for usage by the clients US Media team in digital media activation
- Build proprietary predictive models specific to clients US Marketing needs & requirements
- Help build the Data Science capability within the clients US Data team & integrate workflow across the clients US Marketing organization
- Provide consultative input & approval of data architecture implementation
- Design, develop, and evaluate unsupervised, supervised, and reinforcement machine learning algorithms to compare/contrast with existing methods
- Develop analytic requirements and collaborate with your client, analytics team leaders, and Epsilon Product Engineering teams to integrate analytic solutions into Epsilons product platforms and your clients product platforms.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline
- At least 3-5 years of hands on relevant work experience in data science application
- Mastery of the following programming languages: Python, SQL; Knowledge of R
- Experience manipulating large data sets, both structured & unstructured
- able to identify, join, explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources and formats
- ability to reduce large quantities of unstructured or formless data and get it into a form in which it can be analyzed
- ability to deal with data imperfections such as missing values, outliers, inconsistent formatting, etc.
- Natural curiosity for exploring data and finding the untold story
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to simplify complexity, communicate clearly and teach others
- Manage multiple data science projects concurrently
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as Numpy, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Strong statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Familiarity with marketing analytics, especially digital analytics and media analytics
ADDITIONAL USEFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- A Ph.D. which required heavy use of statistics, data science, machine learning, etc. is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Databricks
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies
- Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning
- Experience with data visualization
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilons policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.