Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchios New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $472 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek, Fidelity, and Almanac
About The Role:
This is an opportunity to join a small, growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery. Were looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isnt afraid of uncertainty.
Data analysis at Bowery means building data pipelines, crafting data visualizations, and helping a wide range of teams interpret reams of data generated by the Techiest Farm in the World. The data function at Bowery is central to the vision of the company as well as its day-to-day operation. Youll be part of the Data & AI team which is responsible for everything from collecting data, to reporting facts, investigative analysis, building machine learning, and computer vision models.
What You'll Do:
- Develop SQL to transform the raw data produced by the farm into a comprehensive data warehouse as the authoritative source for all facts about the business.
- Build automated reporting which effectively draws attention to important information and helps decision-makers understand our priorities.
- Partner with other functional areas to develop metrics, understand analytical needs and interpret results about our crops and our business.
- Collaborate on the design and creation of data tools and decision frameworks used by our farm operators, agricultural scientists, and sales team to drive positive change.
- Build and use statistical and algorithmic models to proactively surface and predict relationships in data.
- Contribute to Bowerys data-driven culture, and influence best practices.
What You'll Have:
- You are fluent in SQL, have opinions about a well-designed database, and know how to deal with data too big to analyze in memory.
- You are comfortable working in a highly technical team: contributing through version control, peer-reviewing code, and managing processes in production.
- You are comfortable being the technical resource for non-technical teams: translating business needs to technical requirements, communicating quantitative observations to make the teams around us more effective and well-informed.
- Youve got a natural attention to detail and drive for order that yields accuracy and reliability in the data you work with.
- You can own the critical trust-based relationship with our internal stakeholders.
- You have experience in and a passion for visualizing data to tell clear stories and support decision-making.
- You have some familiarity with data science languages like R or python, and enjoy learning more.
- Youre confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential.
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core.
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators.
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm.
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowerys produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.