At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the worlds largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a Data Engineer on the Knowledge Team, you will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining scalable data infrastructure and services to power our next-generation suite of products.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that brings transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do
- Build data infrastructure for analysis and machine learning with a focus on modular, scalable and test-driven software
- Design and architect data pipelines to support application development
- Work with our machine learning & application engineers to define and build tools that deliver industry-shifting products that enable efficient application developers
- Author, edit and present technical design documents for improving our infrastructure
- Identify improvements while creating and evangelizing best practices across the organization
What We Look For
- Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages, preferably Python
- Able to solve complex technical problems and analyze potential tradeoffs
- Able to communicate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Thoughtful and collaborative code-reviewing and teamwork
- Be a culture add, bringing forth diverse thoughts and experiences
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- Experience designing, architecting and building data pipelines
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets in a distributed framework
- Experience communicating with business owners to understand their data and reporting requirements
- Experience with various data-store technologies (e.g. DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, BigQuery), distributed messaging platforms (e.g. Kafka), or data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam)
Technologies You Will Use
Benefits and Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture.
Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives.Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More Jobs From