At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
As a Data Engineer at Kensho, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist who loves working on a variety of systems for wrangling data and making it available and useful for other teams in Kensho. You think deeply about the implications, relationships, edge cases, and failure modes, and you are passionate about correctness, uptime, and stability.
What You'll Do:
- Build a robust data platform for analytics and machine learning with a focus on scalability and test-driven reusable code
- Dig into data and think deeply. Analyze, transform, structure, and crunch financial data that is growing in size, diversity, and complexity, detecting anomalies and handling variations
- Design interfaces, APIs, and services that address immediate needs
What We Look For:
- Desire to work on diverse sets of financial and related data
- Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Thoughtful and collaborative code-reviewing and teamwork
Technologies We Like:
- Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, AWS, microservices architecture
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer match.
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Membership and easy access to Equinox gym near One World Trade Center.
- Citibike (bike sharing program) membership.
- Phenomenal view of NYC from the 76th floor of One World Trade Center.
All qualifiedapplicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.