Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
As a Data Engineer at Applecart, you will have the opportunity to architect high impact b2b data products. In this role, you will work alongside a talented team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists to further develop our proprietary Social Graph and core data products. You will partner closely with a Product Manager on product roadmaps in an effort to increase and scale the impact that Applecarts work has on its customers.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of Data modeling, ETL, and Data Warehousing experience
- You have previously built large data products and maintained those products through the entire software development lifecycle at a startup
- You have experience leveraging Spark (DataFrames, Query/Job Optimization, Building ETL Pipelines) or an analogous framework
- You are a self-starter, energized working in a highly collaborative and ambitious startup work environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in a server-side language (Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SQL
- You have experience provisioning and configuring infrastructure in a cloud-computing platform
- Great communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- You have a strong command of Python and have worked with backend frameworks such as Django
- Youre familiar with Entity Resolution across and within datasets
- Youve worked with data scientists to put supervised learning models into production
- Youre knowledgeable about graph theory and have previously worked with graph algorithms and data structures
- You have a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or another quantitative field
- You have served as a tech lead on a significant project