At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The Data Analyst (Air Sales and Forecasting) will be responsible for revenue reporting and forecasting, maintaining data integrity, and providing data transparency for Hoppers airline business (aka Air Supply) team. This person will collaborate with our Data Science group to write and update SQL for contract and revenue monitoring, create Tableau Dashboards and Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets) to track and forecast revenue related to the sale of air tickets and ancillaries, and ensure all team members have access to accurate data. This person will also interact with the Engineering, Product and Sales teams to plan and prioritize revenue growth and tracking initiatives.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Complete important, time sensitive projects that support our Air Supply team
- Provide quantitative analysis, business understanding and strategic insights to help Hopper make smart, data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrate competency and ownership of nuanced SQL code used to compile underlying revenue tables and work with Finance and Contract teams to maintain up-to-date reporting.
- Support our Air Supply team by transforming complex analyses into short, compelling, and easy to understand studies.
- Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and reporting, and provide insight and analysis necessary for appropriate decision making.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Hopper in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Support product managers in constructing powerful well-researched business cases
A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE HAS:
- A four year college degree
- 3+ years of experience in a quant or analytical role
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Expertise in relational databases and SQL
- Tableau and Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools would be an assetFamiliarity with Salesforce and/or Netsuite are a plus
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
More Jobs From