Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
We are searching for a dedicated Paralegal, who will thrive in our fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong executive presence with excellent interpersonal and social skills while remaining flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities.
In this role, you will provide support to the legal team in a variety of functions. The ideal applicant will also have demonstrated experience working in a company (not a law firm) with all levels of internal and external professionals, handling Non-Disclosure Agreements, government requests, as well as insurance claims and policies. A successful candidate must be a fast learner, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, a solid multi-tasker, polished and professional.
Within the first three months, you will:
- Learn about the company and the departments you assist
- Managing our electronic and paper legal files and ensuring they are properly filed
- Sending out NDA forms
- Processing legal bills and familiarizing yourself with our legal budget
- Logging all subpoenas in our database.
- Filling out all required forms, including government and other required licenses
- Maintain executives contact lists, entering in contacts as needed
- Assist with general requests
Within the first six months, you will:
- Negotiating third party NDAs and handling all NDA requests
- Negotiating advertising terms and conditions
- Responding to all subpoena and government requests
- Understand all of our transit contracts as well as the differences among them
- Assist executives in Board meeting preparation
- Managing the legal departments budget and assisting with managing workload
- Manage your own workload so you stay productive and busy, requesting additional projects if you have free time.
Within the first year, you will:
- Manage the legal budget and help prepare a monthly analysis of legal spend
- Negotiating engagement letters with law firms and lobbyists
- Assisting with insurance filings, requesting and managing certificates of insurance and ensuring all litigation claims are filed with the appropriate insurance companies. Be knowledgeable about all Company policies.
- Understand the complexities of our business and legal entities.
- Support the department with respect to communication with the Board of Directors; maintain corporate books
You are great for this role because you have:
- A Bachelors Degree. At least 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, strong preference for that experience to have been within a corporate in-house legal department.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and a positive attitude are a must.
- The best candidate is adept at handling sensitive information and working with multiple personalities while also being proactive, i.e., taking the initiative to solve a problem.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, impeccable judgment, and superior attention to detail
- Ability to understand and a strong desire to learn about Intersections smart city innovation initiatives and corporate business goals
- Independent, self-motivated with strong organizational skills and possess the ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks with frequent, tight deadlines, remaining calm under pressure and responsive throughout.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer