Office Tour Photos
We are seeking a strong writer with 3+ years of experience in copywriting for brand marketing and content writing. This role is responsible for the copy for KAYAK brand marketing. This position will report to our Creative Team Lead. This is a full-time position based out of our Stamford, CT office.
Are you a wordsmith ready for your next challenge? Then lets chat!
Who Were Looking For
Someone who has a holistic understanding of how voice and tone are critical to brand communications and brand perception overall. You have an acute knack for copy, are a meticulous editor, and yet still a speedy writer. From email copywriting to display ads, social media copy to brand campaign collateral, you are a jack/jill-of-all-trades with a pen and arent afraid to get your hands dirty on just about any word-focused project. You have a passion for and experience specific to the travel industry -- you live and breathe discovering new places and visiting old favorites -- and follow the travel + tech community. You also follow the evolution of digital content and are interested in developing brand storytelling on numerous platforms. And, finally, you really love the color orange.
- Airtight writing skills and experience thinking strategically about brand concepts and implementation across multiple channels
- Ability to strategically translate market research and data into brand language and stories
- Work with consumer teams to align writing towards a consistent brand voice
- Eager collaborator and storyteller, strong interest in content marketing and editorial
- At least 3 years of experience writing various creative assets for a consumer brand at an agency or in-house bonus points for experience writing for a popular consumer tech or digital media brand
- Diplomatic, effective communicator
- Ambitious, organized, hardworking
- Highly innovative and can quickly deliver a wide variety of high-quality content, often with multiple partners in various locations
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, hop in and learn on any new writing project
- Good sense of humor, experience comedy writing a plus
- Work cross-functionally with global teams and departments, including product marketing, performance marketing and engagement marketing
- Partner with consumer brand designers to build compelling consumer paid content and advertising
- Collaborate with extended marketing team to concept and execute various initiatives
- Prioritize and maintain historical creative assets and copy decks including A/B tests and results
- Develop the consumer voice and build marketing copy for all marketing channels, including email, display, mobile, paid search, social media, and online video
- Understand and build both direct response and awareness messaging depending on channel goal
- Partner with the social media manager to maintain a consistent consumer voice across paid and organic channels
- Assist social media team with copywriting for organic channels such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Stay on top of social media trends and be able to quickly build relevant content in KAYAKs voice
- Stay up to date on competitors advertising to ensure KAYAK maintains a unique and consistent voice
- Write articles for the KAYAK blog, using insights and data
- Partner with our sister brands on information sharing and standard methodologies
- Very organized and has the ability to prioritize multiple projects, comfortability moving throughout projects
- Swift and effective writing and ability to produce on deadline
- Multitasks in a fast-paced environment often
- Enthusiastically brings new ideas and innovations to the table to drive marketing impact
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from onsite professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From