Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making banking, saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Stash is seeking an experienced Controller to lead our accounting organization in our rapidly growing startup. This position will report to the CFO and be responsible for all aspects of our accounting function. If you are a top accounting professional with a proven track record of success and a desire to build a world-class accounting function, one of the fastest growing financial services apps in the United StatesStashis looking for you!
What youll do:
- Oversee all accounting operational functions, including the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, and tax planning and compliance
- Coordinate all activities with our external big 4 auditor
- Provide technical expertise and develop memos for complex technical accounting areas
- Evaluate current accounting processes and internal controls
- Build internal processes and collaborate across the organization to ensure accurate financial reporting and strong internal controls
- Communicate and collaborate with Stash leadership team to highlight opportunities and mitigate financial risk
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge to ensure our financial operations meet the highest standards
- Execute responsibilities at the highest level of precision and efficiency
What were looking for:
- 9+ years of experience in public accounting at a big 4 or within a leading financial services or technology company
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or other relevant subject from a top university
- CPA with excellent knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Understanding of broker-dealer regulations and reporting requirements is a plus
- Self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Pride in your attention to detail and organizational skillsno variance is too small to investigate
- Top notch excel skills and familiarity with financial accounting systems like Netsuite
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to internal and external stakeholders
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From